Can you acquire a personality disorder because you live with someone who has one?

The old adage that "people teach you how to treat them" is true for most things, but what about for people with personality disorders. Can you acquire the symptoms if you have been living with someone for a considerable period of time. Can you manifest the behaviors because of childhood upbringing - if your parents were bipolar? What is the connection between personality disorders and the spouses of people with them? Your views are greatly appreciated. My husband has bpd and his crazy making is making me wonder if I have acquired some of his traits. I used to be sane, and after ten years of walking on eggshells, I am not sure I am anymore!


View this post on my blog: http://bipolarspouse.net/bipolar-spouse/questions-answered/can-you-acquire-a-personality-disorder-because-you-live-with-someone-who-has-one

Blog Archive