I am looking for guidance on whether I should stay married to my bipolar spouse or not.?

My husband was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Although he had experienced both mania and depression before we met, and even contemplated suicide at one point in time, he says he did not know what his "diagnosis" was. He never told me about his prior episodes. I found out about everything following the birth of our little girl, which triggered a really bad manic episode followed by depression for several months. The manic episode really scared me. In fact, I have never been more frightened in my entire life. I never want to experience that again nor do I want my little girl experiencing what I went through. I have filed for divorce because I don't trust my husband anymore and I am fearful of what my future holds if I stay married to him. However, I am so torn by this decision and find that I struggle constantly with it. I took wedding vows "for better or for worse" but I can't seem to get past the breach of my husband not telling me about his past. I am looking for anyone out there who has experienced what I am experiencing now. I feel so mentally exhausted by this. Any thoughts/comments would be really appreciated. I am struggling quite a bit.


View this post on my blog: http://bipolarspouse.net/bipolar-spouse/questions-answered/i-am-looking-for-guidance-on-whether-i-should-stay-married-to-my-bipolar-spouse-or-not